Prague Film Summer! 40 Crown Movies All Month at Kino Aero
What can you get for 40 crowns (roughly $1.75)?
In Prague, that’ll get you a half a liter of Pilsner, an espresso, or a small bottle of water at an average restaurant in the center of the city.
And throughout the month of August, it’ll also get you a ticket to one of the top films from the past year at one of Prague’s coolest cinemas.
A regular ticket at Kino Aero is already a bargain at around 120 crowns, but all month long the Žižkov cinema is slicing that in third for their daily screenings beginning at 18:00.
Here’s the full schedule:
- August 1: Captain Fantastic
- August 2: T2 Trainspotting
- August 3: Arrival
- August 4: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (at 17:45)
- August 5: Toni Erdmann (in German) (at 17:15)
- August 6: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- August 7: The Teacher (with English subtitles)
- August 8: Café Society
- August 9: Moonlight
- August 10: Anthropoid
- August 11: Lion
- August 12: Manchester by the Sea (at 17:45)
- August 13: The Red Turtle
- August 14: Jackie
- August 15: The Handmaiden (in Korean/Japanese) (at 17:45)
- August 16: A Prominent Patient (with English subtitles)
- August 17: Ice Mother (with English subtitles)
- August 18: Julieta (in Spanish)
- August 19: Paterson
- August 20: March of the Penguins 2 (Czech-dubbed)
- August 21: Train Driver’s Diary (in Serbian)
- August 22: A Man Called Ove (in Swedish)
- August 23: La La Land
- August 24: Sully
- August 25: Florence Foster Jenkins
- August 26: Two is a Family (in French)
- August 27: Perfect Strangers (in Italian)
- August 28: Graduation (in Romanian)
- August 29: Egon Schiele: Death and the Maiden (in German)
- August 30: The Girl on the Train
- August 31: The Happiest Day in the Life of Olli Maki
If you can’t make it to Kino Aero in Žižkov, two central Prague cinemas are also offering discount summer film screenings throughout August.
Pictured at top: Moonlight, screening August 9