Prague’s Kino Lucerna to Screen Harry Potter Marathon
Harry Potter turns 20 this year - J.K. Rowling’s first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Sorcerer’s Stone stateside), was released in 1997 - and one central Prague cinema is planning a two-day marathon to celebrate the big birthday early next month.
Kino Lucerna will be screening all eight Harry Potter films over a long weekend at the cinema from September 9-10, and tickets are already on sale at the cinema’s website.
On Saturday morning, the festivities kick off with a brisk 9:30 morning screening of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, followed by Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, and Goblet of Fire finishing up by 21:30. There’s a half-hour break in-between each movie.
Sunday unfolds in the same manner, beginning with Order of the Phoenix at 9:30 followed by Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows 1 & 2 wrapping up by 20:30.
How do you rate the Harry Potter films? I’ve only seen each film once upon initial release, but I always dug sixth entry Half-Blood Prince above the others because it focused more on the characters and the budding relationships during their teenage years.
Here’s how I'd rank them:
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Lead photo via Facebook / Kino Lucerna