Karlín Summer Cinema Kicks Off Today in Prague 8
Among Prague’s popular summer cinemas, Karlínské filmové léto (Karlín Summer Cinema), organized by the good folks at Český rozhlas Regina (Czech Radio Regina) is one of the longest-running, with a history that dates back fifteen years.
Today - June 16, 2017 - summer films are returning to Karlín to kick of the 2017 summer season. The German movie My Blind Date with Life will kick off the festivities.
Movies typically run from Tuesday through Sunday at 21:30, though there’s a break from June 22 - 24. Entry: 60 CZK.
The venue also boasts an impressive bar (28 CZK for a half liter of Staropramen) and a range of typical Czech snacks like sausages (48 CZK) and grilled Hermelín cheese.
You’ll find Karlínské filmové léto in front of the Český rozhlas Regina building at Hybešova 14/10, next to the famed Invalidovna barracks.
Warning: the June schedule isn’t very English-friendly, with only Hacksaw Ridge, Silence, and Personal Shopper in English (though the Czech production Masaryk is primarily in English, too).
Here’s what’s on tap:
- June 16: My Blind Date with Life (in German)
- June 17: Všechno nebo nic (in Czech)
- June 18: The Dancer (In French)
- June 20: Hacksaw Ridge
- June 21: Masaryk
- June 25: Miluji tě modře (in Czech)
- June 27: Bezva ženská na krku (in Czech)
- June 28: Silence
- June 29: Špunti na vodě (in Czech)
- June 30: Personal Shopper
- July 1: Anthropoid
- July 2: HHhH (The Man with the Iron Heart)
- July 4: Arrival
- July 5: Beauty and the Beast
- July 6: T2 Trainspotting
- July 7: The Ice Mother
- July 8: Perfect Strangers (in Italian)
- July 9: The Girl on the Train